Mobile Website Development
A recent report from Google has found that 72% of Consumers Want Mobile-Friendly Sites and that nearly 3/4 of those surveyed say that they would be more likely to revisit mobile friendly sites opposed to sites not optimised for mobile.
Websites that aren’t mobile-friendly annoy users and that’s bad business. Consumers are doing more on mobile devices, including shopping and product research; when they do, users look for content to meet their on-the-go needs.
Icon’s creative and website development team use responsive design to seamlessly guide users through your website from PC, to tablet and smartphone – all using the same design and development. Moving from the desktop to mobile for web browsing has demanded a fluid, one-time design solution that adapts to the viewers medium. Saving time and money, and overcoming the impossible task of custom designing to the ever increasing resolutions and interfaces we deal with has become paramount in todays financial climate.
So what, exactly, are consumers looking for in a website accessed from a mobile device?
- Site speed- loading time of 5 seconds or less
- Big, mobile friendly buttons
- Limited scrolling and pinching
- Quick access to business contact information
- "Click to call" access to phone the business
- Links to a company's social media profiles
Usability and design features matter. Mobile users indicated they are most looking for (in order of priority):
- Information in just one or two clicks
- A search bar that is easy to find and use
- A site that fits the small screen
- Clean and efficient design
- An option to visit the non-mobile site
- The ability to save information for later
- Big, finger-friendly buttons
- on-scrolling forms with a limited number of fields
- A “click to call” button
- One-direction scrolling, either horizontal or vertical, but not both.
Icon’s Digital marketing team are experts in mobile and your mobile services include mobile website development and mobile search optimisation. Icon will ensure that your website appears on a number of mobile platforms, whether it be an iPad to Android, smartphone or tablet device.